The Vanguard V4 is a large-diaphragm multi-pattern FET condenser microphone.
Lovingly crafted by experts over 2 years, it is designed to be a versatile, reliable, professional recording tool that breaks the usual bang-for-your-buck curve. With our acclaimed edge-terminated ultra-thin custom-voiced capsule, a pad/rolloff option, primo cryogenically-treated componentry, and the best shockmount in al the land, the V4 is made to be your go-to workhorse microphone at a price that wonâ€™t break your piggy bank.
We designed V4 with certain characteristics of classic FET microphones in mind, while also utilizing modern technology & design to meet the demands of today's recording professionals. Our ultra-thin 3µm edge-terminated capsule diaphragms are extraordinarily sensitive, ensuring that every nuance and detail of the performance is faithfully captured.
We heard from a number of Vanguard V44S users that they loved the clean and full character of the V44S so much as an alternative to their V13 and V1 microphones, they wanted a small mono version of the V44S for travel purposes. The signal and power paths of the V4 is identical to a single channel of the V44S, but because we had space for an extra PCB and switch, we couldn't resist adding a simple pad/rolloff combo switch to the rear, as well as spacing the power conversion circuit as far as possible from the signal path.
After hundreds of hours of listening with world-class engineers in environments ranging from fully-equipped major studios to bootstrapped home setups, we can confidently say that this microphone will vastly exceed the performance of other microphones in its price range, and rival the performance of microphones costing several times more.
Capsule and Electronics:
- Custom-voiced, edge-terminated 34mm dual-capsule assembly with 3µm gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragms
- 3 selectable polar patterns Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional
- -10dB/100Hz Rolloff
- Electronically-balanced solid-state circuitry loaded with premium-grade components
- Ultra-low-noise JFET design
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal & power path components
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Capsule Size: 1.34 / 34mm (dual-capsule)
- Diaphragm Size: 1.04³ / 26.4mm
- Capsule Diaphragms Thickness: 3µm
- Electronics Type: Solid-state, electronically-balanced output
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohm
- Max SPL: appx. 135dB (145dB w/ Pad)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20000Hz
- Equivalent Noise Level: <=14dBA (A-weighted)
- Sensitivity:Â TBA
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin, gold-plated
- High-Pass/Rolloff Switch: 120Hz (either/or with pad)
- Attenuation/Pad Switch: -10dB (either/or with rolloff)
- Finish: Polished nickel trim / High-gloss Pinot Noir
- Weight (microphone): 0.83 lbs / 0.38 kg
- Weight (in case): 5.63 lbs / 2.56 kg
- Dimensions (microphone): 7.25â€³ long, 1.8 diameter / 184mm long, 46mm diameter
- Dimensions (case): 12L x 11W x 5.75H / 305mmL x 280mmW x 146mmH
- Voltage Requirement: Phantom Power (+48V ideal)
- VLSM Large Shockmount
- Padded Pinewood Microphone Storage Box
- Aluminum Carrying Case
Maksu ja turvallisuus
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.