TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik introduces the new ELA M 251T, a microphone featuring the newly developed CK-13 capsule. While based upon the classic ELA M 251 models, the ELA M 251T adds a very modern twist. That twist is the implementation of Alloy 2213 as the diaphragm membrane material for the CK-13 capsule. Alloy 2213 is an amalgam of Titanium and Aluminum, which was originally developed for the aerospace industry.
Traditionally gold has been sputtered onto Mylar for the diaphragms of the historic CK-12 capsule. By employing Alloy 2213, which is far more rigid than gold, the capsule that provides greater accuracy in the low frequency range by attaining a higher damping factor to the motion of the membrane. Alloy 2213 is lighter than gold, and when combined with the edge terminated CK-12 system provides an "airy" and "delicate" representation of the upper frequencies. This affords the user a higher degree of detail in the recorded sound while still providing the depth of audio for which ELA M 251 microphones have been associated for decades.
The TELEFUNKEN ELA M 251T includes an edge terminated, dual backplate CK13 capsule, a variation of the traditional CK12. The 251T is capable of cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional polar patterns, just like the ELA M 251E. The amplifier circuit features a premium New Old Stock ECC801S vacuum tube and a Haufe T14/1 output transformer, the same found in the 251E and C12.
Though the 251T shares the same basic vintage-accurate construction of the 251E, it is wrapped in a sleek sulfamate nickel-plated finish to reflect the proprietary capsule technology.
Each ELA M 251T microphone comes complete with M 950T power supply, M 850T 25' Sommer tube microphone cable, Rycote shockmount, FC50 locking flight case and WB50 wooden microphone box.
- Type: Vacuum Tube Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±3 dB
- Power Source: External Power Supply
- Capsule: TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik CK13 - Edge Terminated Large Diaphragm
- Tube: NOS Telefunken ECC801S
- Transformer: Haufe T14/1
- Sensitivity: 11.5 mV/Pa, ±1 dB
- THD at 1kHZ at 1Pa (Amplifier): < 0.15%
- Output Impedance: 200 Î©
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): 132 dB
- S/N Ratio: 87 dBA
- Self Noise (Amplifier): 7 dBA
- Dimensions: 216 mm L x 50 mm Dia
- Weight: 596 g
- Included Accessories: Tube Mic Cable, Power Supply, Shock Mount, Wooden Box, Flight Case