Studio quality 2-channel instrument and microphone preamplifier, DI / EQ / DI
Released 6 years ago, FELiX helped usher in a renaissance of amplified acoustic sound quality and functionality. What once required racks of studio gear and stage techs to achieve, FELiX made available in a single, affordable and rugged /compact floor unit. Since its release, we have worked together with many demanding players to improve and hone its features and functionality, and are now pleased to announce the latest version of this little champ – FELiX2.
FELiX2 NEW FEATURES INCLUDE:
- New dual mono or true stereo FX loop allows for independent FX loops on either channel or stereo FX operation with mono or stereo in
- Stereo amp output for connecting to stereo stage amp rig
- Stereo headphone output for stereo headphone personal monitoring bliss
VARIABLE PHASE CONTROL
- Built in variable phase control on channel 2 allows users to adjust mic / pickup blending systems to be perfectly phase coherent
MORE EQ POWER
- HIGH shelving EQ control updated to include 2 transition frequency settings at 1k and 2k, allowing for more flexible high frequency tone control
- New notch filter uses a much higher Q setting for better surgical control of problem frequencies
NEW POWER SUPPLY
- Class II power supply eliminates ground loops when connecting to stage amps and other non-isolated stage equipment
- NOTE: this is now a 2 prong power input
BETTER STAGE MANNERS
- New protective side rails and slightly lower profile knobs to help protect controls from extra left feet and floppy stray instrument cables
CHANNEL 1 BOOST DEFEAT
- Allows the boost circuit to only affect channel 2
FELiX2 is a studio quality, 2 channel blending acoustic instrument and mic preamp, designed for working musicians, engineers, sound companies or venues looking for the highest quality solution for amplifying stringed instruments. FELiX2 is built into a roadworthy floor unit chassis of anodized aluminum and steel, portable enough to leave the rack at home but bring studio quality to the stage. With the same stunning audio performance and legendary reliability as Grace Design’s pro audio range, FELiX2 brings open, musical and nuanced preamplification to any performance situation.
A powerful eq section allows simple and intuitive tone shaping for even the most unruly of instruments. Each channel’s variable high pass filter cuts 12dB per octave from 20Hz to 1kHz, and can also be set as a notch filter for chasing down problem feedback or rumble areas. Parametric mid range controls cover from 70Hz all the way to 8KHz. While fixed low and high controls are carefully voiced for musical shading of bass and treble.
Controls are simple and clearly marked on a bright panel, making them easy to read and tweak on a dark stage. Footswitch functions include a mute / tune switch for muting all outputs except the dedicated tuner out, a boost switch which activates a variable boost circuit, and finally, an A/B mode switch for when FELiX2 is in A/B mode (which simply toggles between the two different channels).
FELiX2 brings the kitchen sink approach to I/O. Inputs include a 48V XLR mic input and two instrument inputs. Two independent transformer isolated DI outputs can be sourced from either the mix or the individual channel. This allows you to send the front of house a mix or each channel independently. A dedicated, level controlled amplifier output can be sourced from the mix or channel 2. A dedicated tuner output stays active when all the other outputs are muted. A side panel mounted 1/8” mini jack headphone amplifier is there for practicing, private noodling during boring soundchecks, or scrutinizing dubious eq decisions. Dual TRS jack send and return FX loop signals and can be configured for stereo operation or dual mono with separate FX loops for each channel.
Guitar, bass, fiddle, mandolin, cello, dare we say banjo, that weird 3 string gourd thing – FELiX2 is your instrument’s new best friend. Flexible, reliable, a good listener and eager to make you sound better, FELiX2 is also your new best friend.
Designed and built by family and friends in sunny Lyons, CO, USA.
- Open, musical and detailed instrument and mic preamplification for discerning artists and engineers
- 2 channel audio path with blend output control
- m101 style transimpedance microphone preamplifier, no electrolytic capacitors in the signal path
- Variable Phase control on channel to for fine tuning phase between a microphone and pickup
- Ultra precision 0.5% thin film resistors are used in the signal path
- Careful power supply design and grounding yield an ultra-quiet signal path and professional level headroom and line driving ability
- Fully ground isolated DI outputs with high quality, low distortion, fully shielded transformers
- Super rugged 1/4” connectors with heavy duty metal bushings
- New side rails to protect control from inadvertent changes via cables or feet
- Powerful, independent EQ on both channels – hi and low shelving and full parametric midrange
- Mid frequency control has two ranges 70-880Hz / 670 – 8kHz
- 20Hz-1kHz sweepable HPF on both channels, can also be set as notch filter
- A / B footswitch for multiple instrument configurations or soloing different pickups
- Mute/ tune footswitch mutes all outputs except dedicated tuner out
- Boost footswitch for variable 10dB level boost (global)
- DI outputs sources are configurable – Ch1 (mix or Ch1) Ch2 (mix or Ch2)
- Dedicated level controlled stereo stage amp output (configurable as blend or Ch2)
- Dedicated tuner out, remains hot when unit is muted
- Side panel switches for 48V, phase, mid Hz range select, HPF/notch select, 12V and A/B mode select
- 12V mic input power available on Ch2
- Phase reverse switch for each channel
- 3 input impedance settings on each channel – Ch1 10K, 1MEG, 10MEG / Ch2 332K, 1MEG, 20MEG accommodating a wide range of pickup types
- Mic stand flange mount screw holes holes for putting FELiX on a mic stand
- 1/8” stereo headphone jack, active when FELiX is muted
- Stereo FX loop or independent dual mono FX loops
- NEW CLASS II Universal 100-240 AC power supply with standard IEC cable
- Full 5 year transferable warranty / built for long, happy life on the road
- Designed and built by family and friends in Lyons, CO, USA
Maksu ja turvallisuus
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.