The flagship of our range. The intelligence of the 1236A is seamlessly integrated into the finest example of acoustic engineering yet produced in more than 40 years of Genelec history.
Power and finesse
This is where power and finesse combine to create a truly extraordinary main monitor. Producing peak SPLs of over 130 dB, the 1236A's staggering muscle is backed up with exquisitely precise imaging and a wide, neutral sweet spot that is the natural choice for satisfying multiple listeners in larger control rooms. All the vibe and energy you want, with detail to match.
The 1236A offers new levels of control through its tight integration with our GLM calibration software. GLM analyses your room's characteristics and intelligently tailors the monitors frequency response, level, distance delay and more to provide a truly optimised listening experience - and mixes that translate perfectly to other rooms and systems.
- SPL: 130 dB
- Amplifier Power: 2 X 1000 W Bass (Class D) + 2 X 400 W Midrange (Class D) + 250 W Treble (Class D)
- Frequency Response: 17.5 Hz - 26 kHz ("-6 dB")
- Accuracy of Frequency Response: ± 2 dB (21 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Driver Dimensions: 2 x 458 mm Bass + 2 x 125 mm Midrange + 25mm (view in inches)
- Dimensions: H 1180 x W 960 x D 650 mm, (view in inches)
- Weight: 182 kg / 401.2 lb
- 1 x XLR Analog Input
- 1 x XLR AES/EBU Input
- 1 x XLR AES/EBU Output
- 2 x RJ45 Control