The Sphere L22™ microphone system from Townsend Labs models the characteristics of the most sought-after large-diaphragm condenser microphones with amazing accuracy and allows selection of different mics and patterns even after tracking.
The Sphere® system consists of a high precision dual-channel microphone, which when paired with the included Sphere plug-in (UAD, AAX DSP, AAX Native, VST, AU) accurately models the response of a wide range of mics, including transient response, harmonics, proximity effect and three-dimensional polar response.
Using a dual-capsule microphone with dual outputs makes it possible to more completely capture the soundfield—including the directional and distance information otherwise lost with a conventional single-channel microphone. This allows the Sphere® system to precisely reconstruct how different microphones respond to the soundfield.
In contrast, other virtual microphones apply EQ to filter the sound from what is essentially a conventional microphone. This is fundamentally no different from using EQ to process a recorded track.
Sphere L22™ Microphone Specifications:
- Equivalent Noise Level: 7 dB-A
- Max SPL at 0.5% THD: 140dB (with -20dB pad engaged)
- Pad Attenuation: -10db and -20dB
- Sensitivity: 22 mV/Pa
- Output Connector: 5-pin male XLR
- Breakout Cable: 10’ (3m) 5-pin female XLR to dual 3-pin male XLR
- Weight (mic only): 1.7 lbs. (770 grams)
- Dimensions (mic only): 8.9" x 2.5" (225mm x 63mm)
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Voltage: 44 to 52 V per channel
- Current: 5 mA per channel typical, 8 mA at max SPL
Sphere® Core Plug-In
Supported Plug-in Formats:
- AAX DSP
- AAX Native
- Audio Units (Mac only)
Supported Operating Systems:
Native (AAX, VST and AU):
- Mac OSX 10.8.5 and above
- Windows 7 and above
Apollo Interfaces and UAD-2 hardware (AAX, VST, AU, and RTAS)
- Mac OSX 10.9.5 and above
- Windows 7 and above
- Native (AAX, VST and AU):
- 4 GB of RAM
- 200 MB free disk space
- 1024 x 768 display resolution
- Internet connection to download software
- Two microphone preamplifiers with phantom power
- Compatible plug-in host application (DAW) software supporting AAX, VST2, VST3, AU or UAD.
30 Included Microphone Models:
- LD-67 NOS
- LD-87 TK
- LD-414 Brass
- LD-414 Nylon
- LD-414 US
- LD-414 T2
- RB-77DX Satin
- RB-77DX Umber
- Sphere Linear
<transcy>Payment and security</transcy>
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.