Class A & Tube Microphone and Instrument Preamplifier
The GainStation 1 is a discrete high-end preamplifier that combines Class-A clean gain with high-sounding tube gain and operates with an operating voltage of 60 V.
Class-A meets Tube
The GainStation 1 is a hybrid preamplifier consisting of a discrete Class A transistor stage and tube stage. The hybrid design of the preamplifier combines the advantages of semiconductors (high dynamics with low distortion, low noise) with the musical qualities of tube sound (pleasant high/overtone spectrum, beautiful three-dimensionality).
The Class A transistor preamplifier is based on our DMPA operational amplifiers, which operate with an operating voltage of +/- 30 V.
The preamplifier has a Butterworth Hi Pass filter, polarity inversion, impedance selection, 48 V phantom power and a limiter.
- Separately controllable transistor and tube preamplifiers
- The (switchable) tube stage delivers subtle to brutal tube saturation
- Only high-quality MKP film capacitors are used in the tube stage
- Peak/FET Limiter
- Polarity-reversal stage
- 48-Volt phantom power
- LED level indicator
- Switchable impedance adjustment for the microphone input (200 Ω, 1,2 kΩ & 10 kΩ)
- Discrete operational amplifiers in Class A technology instead of industrial ICs
- Amplifier slew rate of <100 V/µs
- Gas-encapsulated relays with gold-plated contacts
- Resistors with 0.1 % tolerance in the entire audio path
- Power supply with double shielding, each voltage with its own winding and regulation
<transcy>Payment and security</transcy>
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.