Pro Power Graphics – Add a High-performance Video Card to Create Your Own Personal eGPU Workstation
Whether you’re editing, rendering, color grading, animating or creating special effects, many of the pro applications you use rely on desktop and workstation graphics (GPU) cards to do the heavy lifting in processing data. Unfortunately, many popular computers are equipped only with integrated graphics or low-power discrete GPUs that bottleneck performance when performing these tasks. Happily, there’s a simple path to greater productivity—add a Sonnet external GPU (eGPU). The eGPU Breakaway™ Box 750 Thunderbolt 3 to GPU PCIe card expansion systems boost your eGPU-compatible computer’s graphics performance by connecting a high-performance GPU card to your computer via a single cable.
Designed for GPU Cards, Also Supports Other Demanding PCIe Cards
The Breakaway Box’s single x16 PCIe 3.0 slot accommodates full-length, double-width cards, and its 750W power supply supports trouble-free operation. Its single-port 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface ensures the full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card.
Sonnet maintains a working relationship with Thunderbolt and graphic cards partners, and is one of the first eGPU enclosures recommended by Apple®. Apple demonstrated eGPU connectivity over Thunderbolt 3 with Sonnet's eGFX Breakaway Box at Apple's 2017 WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference). The Breakaway Box was provided as an eGPU kit to developers to assist in the development of eGPU on Mac® computers.
eGPU Breakaway Box 750ex Key Features:
- Includes two 8-pin (6+2 pin) auxiliary power connectors
- 750W power supply; supports cards requiring up to 375W of continuous power plus an additional 100W peak power
- Provides 85W of upstream power (useful for charging your notebook)
- AMD approved for the air-cooled editions of the AMD Radeon RX Vega 64, Radeon Pro WX 8200, and WX 9100
- Designed to also support overclocked NVIDIA cards with high peak power requirements
See Graphics Card Compatibility Chart (PDF) for List of Compatible AMD and NVIDA GPU Cards
- 750ex Model Includes: Integrated hub with four USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A ports and one Gigabit Ethernet Port
- One x16 Mechanical (x4 Electrical, Thunderbolt 3 Spec) PCIe 3.0 Slot
- Supports One Full-length, Full-height, Double-width PCIe Card
- Maximum GPU card size 312mm x 140mm x 58mm; See Graphics Card Compatibility Chart (PDF) for Supported Video Cards
- Quiet, Temperature-controlled Fan
- One Thunderbolt 3 Port
- 0.7-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps, 100W) Cable
- Eco-friendly Power Features
- Thunderbolt Certified
- Mac and Windows Compatible
- 2-year Product Warranty
- Free Lifetime Customer Technical Support
- Designed in the USA
More Ports, Additional Functionality: eGPU Breakaway Box 750ex
Is your computer short on ports for basic connectivity? Step up to the eGPU Breakaway Box 750ex to add four 5Gb/s USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A ports to connect peripherals, plus an RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port for a wired network connection. The 750ex features a dual Thunderbolt controller design, enabling it to support both peripherals and GPU card through the single Thunderbolt connection to your computer.
Coolest and Quietest Add-your-own-card eGPU System Available
With its large variable-speed temperature-controlled fan that quietly and effectively cools the installed card, the eGPU Breakaway Box can be comfortably used in noise-sensitive working environments.
Eco-friendly Thunderbolt 3 Power Features
Thunderbolt 3 provides eco-friendly power features to help save power and energy: the enclosure powers on when your computer is on and powers off when the computer is put to sleep, shut down, or disconnected. In addition, Thunderbolt 3 Power Delivery (PD) allows the Breakaway Box to power and charge notebook computers when the computer is sleeping.
<transcy>Payment and security</transcy>
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.